I am really very excited about sharing this recipe! If you have been around here for any given length of time you know that I love breakfast and sweets. Usually breakfast, sweets and clean eating don’t go very well together but, I work around it quite often! So, of course, it is only fit if I share a clean eating waffle recipe!
The Best Clean and Healthy Waffles Ever
- 1 egg, large
- 1/4 cup ground flax-seed or 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 1/4 cups any milk (I used unsweetened carton coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups oat flour or finely ground quick oats
- 2 cups coconut flour
- coconut oil for pan
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat egg. Add flax-seed (if using), applesauce, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda and salt; whisk until well combined. Add coconut flour, mix well.
- Preheat waffle maker. Spray top and bottom griddles with cooking spray each time and make waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions. Amount of batter depends on the size of your waffle maker. I have this one, of course, being the Disney fan I am!
I would love to invite you to join my FB group, Being More Than Just a Mom, where we share, encourage, support and uplift each other. We share fitness tips, holistic living recipes and tips, anything and everything family and all the while giving moms permission to be themselves. We keep it real and share on a daily basis! If you would like to join, head on over and ask to join us.
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
- Recipe adapted from HERE!