I don’t know about you, but I am always on the lookout for great oral care products! February is American Heart Health month. ( I wore my red on February 2nd. Did you?) The whole month we celebrate and raise awareness for Heart Health. A big part of Heart Health is taking care of our teeth and having a good oral care regimen.
You know I am huge advocate of holistic health and I am always looking for ways to get less toxins in my system, so I have found a few ways to take care of my teeth and gums without the added grossness (is that even a word)…….
Natural Ways To Take Care Of Your Teeth And Mouth
Everyday Mouth Wash
Try making your own mouthwash. Here’s what you will need!
- salt water
- melaleuca essential oil
- doTERRA On Guard
- cinnamon essential oil
- peppermint essential oil
- clove essential oil
- mason jar
- mason jar spout
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt to 4 cups of warm water and mix well.
- Add 5 or more drops each of Melaleuca, doTERRA On Guard, Cinnamon, and Peppermint.
- Add 2 or more drops of Clove.
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar and shake before each use.
- Rinse for 30 seconds two times per day or when needed for bad breathe.
Stain Removing Recipe
- ½ tsp bentonite clay
- 1 capsule activated charcoal
- water to make a paste
- 1 drop peppermint oil
- 1 drop sweet orange oil
- small dish and spoon for mixing
- Mix up the ingredients in a small dish then use your toothbrush to apply the mixture on your teeth.
- Wipe down your teeth with a paper towel before using this recipe to get rid of excess saliva.
- Leave it on for a couple of minutes then spit and brush your teeth.
- Only use this recipe once a week. If used more than once a week it can wear down the enamel on your teeth and make them very sensitive.
Use Everyday For Once a Week
Once a day for a week, try adding a single drop of orange or lemon oil to your toothpaste and brush for a brighter smile! It is very important to only use these oils for a week at a time. Give your teeth a rest for about three weeks then start all over the next month.
Other Products To Try
Healthy Gums Rub
Let me know how these products and DIYs work for you!
Until next time…
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!