I am asked quite often how I keep my hormones in “tact” after my hysterectomy. Although it is not always a simple task, on most days, I do help myself out through supplements, healthy eating, essential oils and exercise. Yes, it takes work, but it is well worth it! Anything worth doing can be a challenge. But, you should ask yourself: How good do I want to feel? Am I feeling sluggish and tired all of the time? What is the reason you are here actually reading this blog post? Are you sick and tired of gaining weight and cannot figure out why? Are you tired of not losing weight no matter how hard you try? Are you tired of trying paleo, gluten-free, keto and every diet out there and nothing is working for you? Are you starting to get that middle age spread? If you answered “yes” to any of those you may want to consider that you may have a hormonal imbalance. Here are My Favorite Natural Remedies For A Hormonal Imbalance.
Although this blog is not a cure-all and there could be other underlining problems, you may want to start here, depending on symptoms and where you want to go.
No matter if you have had a full hysterectomy, a partial hysterectomy, miscarriages, PCOT, endometriosis or painful menstruation you may have a hormonal imbalance and these supplements and essential oils may help tremendously.
Please remember I am not a health care professional. These are supplements and essential oils that have helped me at one time or another. I do not take all of them everyday, but I will restart them if I feel they are needed. I am asked at least once a week what I do to keep my hormones in “tact”, like I said above, but first and foremost, I eat healthy and exercise regularly. Without those two components none of the below will help. So please keep that in mind as you read and learn about the below supplements and essential oils. Although we will not be tackling exercise and nutrition in this blog please keep that in mind.
Quick Nutrition Tips
Check out my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide if you are ready to start eating better! The Clean Eating Quick Start Guide has simple ways to start your clean eating journey without breaking the bank and staying frustrated with complicated recipes. Along with tips, tricks and how to start your clean eating journey, you will also receive two Clean Eating Meal Plans and Grocery Lists.
Everyday I try to eat a well balanced meal full of leafy greens and plenty of minerals and vitamins. Without this your body has a hard time thriving anyway, especially if you are having hormonal issues. Make sure you are eating well and exercising, as well as drinking plenty of water. Everyday, I make sure I drink plenty of well-filtered water, as well as one bottle of Sparkling Water. Both help with extra minerals and less consuming less fluoride and chlorine that could create havoc on your hormones.
Before we move forward you need to know what the Endocrine System is and what it does so you can understand this list of supplements and Essential Oils a little better, not to mention your own body a bit better.
The Endocrine System is the series of hormone producing glands and organs that help regulate metabolism, reproduction, blood pressure, appetite and many other body functions. The Endocrine System is mainly controlled by the hypothalamus region of the brain that either produces hormones that stimulate the other endocrine glands directly, or that stimulates the pituitary gland located just below it to release the hormones needed to stimulate the other endocrine glands. These hormones are released into the bloodstream, where they travel to other areas of the body to either stimulate other endocrine glands or to stimulate tissues and organs of the body directly. Some essential oils and supplements may act as hormones or stimulate the endocrine system to produce hormones that have a regulating effect on the body.
Keep In Mind
All of these supplements, essential oils and products are great for your Endocrine System, which can all lead to helping the hormones, as well as thyroid and auto-immune diseases.
- Selenium: acts as a catalyst for the production of active thyroid hormones. Selenium acts as a powerful protector of the thyroid, and it regulates the production of reactive oxygen within the gland and protects it from antibodies that can create thyroid disease. You can read more about all of the health benefits of Selenium here.
- Magnesium: I did a whole blog about Magnesium. Magnesium is amazing for SO many things! If you and your whole family are not using it, you need to start today! You can read more about all of the health benefits of Magnesium here.
- Tri-Iodine: provides three beneficial forms of iodine to nourish multiple body systems: a blend of potassium iodide, sodium iodide, and molecular iodine. Three forms of iodine provide a wider spectrum of benefits: Potassium iodide and sodium iodide for hormone balance and immune health.
- DHEA: aids in Weight Loss and Building Muscle Mass, as well as protecting against Depression, Cognitive Decline and Mood Swings just to name a few.When you have a hormonal imbalance of any kind you have a tendency to have more mood swings and this aids in helping at keeping the mood swings at bay. You can read more about all of the health benefits of DHEA here.
- Estriol-Care: is a women’s wellness product that helps balance the hormones in the body. It is absorbed through the skin is primarily for increasing estriol levels which are a form of estrogen lacking in menopausal or pre-menopausal women.
- B-12: aids in mood changes, like increased depression and anxiety. When you have a hormonal imbalance of any kind you have a tendency to have more mood swings and this aids in helping at keeping the mood swings at bay. You can read more about all of the health benefits of B12 here.
- Zinc: if you are deficient in zinc you could have hormonal problems or infertility. Loading up on Zinc is never a bad idea. You can read more about all of the health benefits of Zinc here.
- B-6: with hormonal problems, also comes fatigue and low energy. B6 can help in this area even more than B12 in my opinion. You can read more about all of the health benefits of B6 here.
- Omega 3: You should be consuming Omega 3 somehow, someway, the end! Not just for hormonal health, but for health in general. You can read more about all of the health benefits of Omega 3.
- Detoxification Blend From DoTerra also known as Zendocrine: supports the body’s natural ability to rid itself of unwanted substances.
- Clary Sage: Inhaling Clary Sage promotes feelings of relaxation, allowing for a restful night’s sleep.
- Clove: has powerful antioxidant properties and supports cardiovascular health.
- Ylang Ylang: provides antioxidant support, promotes appearance of healthy skin and hair and lifts mood while having a calming effect.
- Women’s Monthly Blend also known as Clary Calm: provides a soothing and calming effect during a woman’s menstrual cycle and helps balance mood throughout the month.
- Blend For Women as known as Whisper: combines with each individual’s chemistry to create a beautiful, unique, and personal fragrance.
How To Use The Supplements And Essential Oils Above
- If you are wondering how to use the essential oils, I highly recommend getting the Modern Essentials Usage Guide! I use this book on the daily and my oldest child even picks it up a few times a week to learn more about essential oils.
- It is very important to read the labels and ask your doctor, if necessary, the proper dosage of each supplement.
I hope this list helps and as always if you have any questions feel free to reach out!
Until next time…
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!