Here are some of My Favorite Hair Care Products + Brunette Specific Dry Shampoo that I am loving right now!
My Favorite Hair Care Products
A couple of years ago I underwent five heart surgeries in one year. That is a different story and you can read about some of it RIGHT HERE. But, surgeries, medications and so much more left my hair in a mess. I lost some hair. My hair went from oily to dry almost over night. And back again a few times. Needless to say, It was hard for many reasons, but it left my hair in a mess. I am just now getting it back to normal and it was a complete process to say the least. But now my hair is happy and healthier, since I have found some products that I absolutely love to use.
Some of the items I use are a little more expensive, but they last a long time. So it evens out in the long run. Make sure you check out the video so you can see more of the process I go through to maintain volume while having clean and healthy hair.
Between homeschooling my three kids, working my businesses from home and other activities we are always on the go and I do not have time to put a lot of time into my hair care routine. so I make sure I keep it simple, so even on my laziest of days I can still feel and look good.
- Keep in mind, I only wash my hair one to two times a week.
- I have oily hair.
- I workout every single day.
- I rotate between three types of shampoos.
- I have morning products and night products.
- I personally find it easier to keep my hair cleaner between washings when my hair is shorter.
- My whole hair care routine is very inexpensive.
- I have dry shampoo specifically used on brunette hair so you don’t see a powdery film after spraying it. (This brand also makes a blonde version.)
- I use two different dry shampoos- one for morning and one for nighttime.
What I Like About These Products
- Colleen Rothschild Products (Smooth and Shine Hair Serum & Quench and Shine Restorative Mask): I love all of Colleen Rothschild products! But these two especially are amazing! They both leave my hair with a oil-free healthy shine. Put the mask on in the shower as you wash your hair and add the serum to your hair right before you blow dry.
- Living Proof Volume Full Root Lift: Put this one on right before you blow dry your hair right at your roots and where you want a lift. It works amazingly and leaves you with more volume!
- Living Proof T.B.D. Multi-Tasking Styler: I love putting this in my hair right before I blow dry it or in-between washings when I need a little extra “grit” to style my hair.
- Quickie.me Dry Shampoo- Brunette and Quickie.me Dry Shampoo- Blonde: I use this dry shampoo on days I do not wash my hair right before I style it. It is very light-weight and if you are a brunette it will not leave white residue in your hair. There is one for blondes too!
- Living Proof Volume Blast: I put on my roots right before I style my hair on days I do not wash my hair. It gives your hair a boost and gives it way more volume after you have slept on your hair the night before.
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo: Finally, I use this dry shampoo right before I go to bed. I use this one at night because it is heavier than the above dry shampoo and it actually cleans your hair. No one wants to go to bed with a dirty head!
Products & Sources
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo
- Living Proof Volume Blast
- Living Proof Volume Full Root Lift
- Living Proof T.B.D. Multi-Tasking Styler
- Colleen Rothschild Products (Smooth and Shine Hair Serum & Quench and Shine Restorative Mask)
- Quickie.me Dry Shampoo- Brunette
- Quickie.me Dry Shampoo- Blonde