I am a firm believer that staying organized does so much for your health and well being!
Most Effective Tactics to Organize and Declutter your Home
I don’t know about you but, my house needs an overhaul for sure! some days. As a mom of three littles our house gets cluttered and crazy sometimes. I usually stay on top of decluttering but, for some reason the last few weeks I have been slacking! Slacking BIG TIME!
You know I am all into organizing and decluttering, but sometimes it can get a little overwhelming.
So in celebration of a small overhaul of my own house I thought I would share a few ways I keep my house organized. You do not need a professional organizer or a lot of time. All you need is deligience.
5 Fast Ways to Start Decluttering Your Home
1) Don’t get overwhelmed: Just like with anything, take it one day at a time. One room at a time and one step at a time. Rome wasn’t built in a day!
2) Prioritize: Where is the most important place to start in your home? Start there and work your way around.
3) Don’t spend a lot of money on organizing tools: I am a firm believer in containers and baskets but, you can find these at The Dollar Tree Or Dollar General just as well or wait for them to go on sale at Target. Don’t break the bank!
4) Less is better: When decluttering always remember less is better! Really ask yourself if you need it. Don’t ask yourself if you want it. Nine times out of ten you WANT it but, don’t NEED it! And that brings me to my last tip….
5) Have you used it or worn it in the last 6 months: If you can answer that question with a big fat “no” then get rid of it! More than likely you don’t NEED it! (There’s that word again!)
So without further ado, get to organizing already! And while you are at it pick up your FREE Printable below! Happy organizing and decluttering!
Until next time……
- Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
I would love to invite you to join my FB group, Faith, Family & Fitness, where we share, encourage, support and uplift each other on a daily basis all the while serving God. We share fitness tips, faith stories, natural living recipes and anything family! We keep it real and share on a daily basis! If you would like to join, head on over and ask to join us.