I have not bought laundry detergent in over two years. (And yes I still do laundry! ;-)) It was a slow process trying to find the right recipe but, I finally found it! I have a husband that works outside a lot, three-year old twin boys (need I say more?), a six-year-old girl who loves to play in the mud and myself that sweats (pixie dust, of course) while I workout! I tell you this, because this detergent is great on all five of our stinky and smelly clothes. Okay too much information, I know, but I wanted you to understand that this detergent is awesome and it does the trick with no skin irritations, so it’s great for people with skin allergies. The best part is it’s awesome on the pocketbook too! This recipe lasts 6 months! Yep, six months for our family of five! I only mix up this recipe twice a year and it is super-duper easy!
- 6 lb of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda
- 6 lb of Epsom Salt
- 3 lb Chlorine Free Oxi Clean
- 4 lb Borax
- 1 Bar Bronner’s Soap
- Few drops of your favorite essential oil
- Pour all of your ingredients into a 5 gallon bucket.
- Grate the laundry soap.
- Mix with all of your ingredients with a large spoon or a mixing paddle attached to your drill. I talked Chris into doing this for me the last time and it worked out nicely.
- Put your detergent into several different containers or place a lid on the top of your five gallon bucket and take out your detergent as needed.
- Voila! That’s it! You are done!
- I use a top load washer, so do some research before mixing this detergent together if you have a front loader.
- Also, if anyone has asthma in your family Borax has been known for causing more breathing issues. I do have a son with asthma, it has never hurt him. He is not inhaling it, of course. I am telling you this, so you can do your own research and find what is right for you and your family.
- Some people have made the comment that this detergent does not mix well with hard water.
- Best Advice: Do what is best for you and your family. Tweak it and make it your own and have fun!
Until next time….
- I would love to invite you to join my FB group, Being More Than Just a Mom, where we share, encourage, support and uplift each other. We share fitness tips, holistic living recipes and tips, anything and everything family and all the while giving moms permission to be themselves. We keep it real and share on a daily basis! If you would like to join, head on over and ask to join us.
Want to learn more about essential oils? Essential oils are a great addition to your healthy lifestyle. I would love to share what essential oils have done for my family’s life. Let’s chat! Go HERE so we can set up a time to chat!
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
Copyright: sirah / 123RF Stock Photo