I really wanted to resurrect this post for good measure, I promise. I have found a few more tips and tricks I thought you may find that will come in handy when trying to Make a Strong Homemade Deodorant That Covers Up Your STINK. So let’s get to it……
I am not a huge fan of store-bought deodorant but, before you are afraid to stand next to me in the check-out line at the grocery store, hear me out! I have found a way to Make a Strong Homemade Deodorant That Covers Up Your STINK and is easy on the pocket book too.
Coming from someone who has had her share of hormonal issues and has had an early hysterectomy, I can vouch that there was a stench that was not the most pleasant coming from my way. Too much information? I am sure! But, I tell you this because this stuff actually works!
Certain kinds of store-bought deodorants can be harmful to your health. Some deodorants are full of chemicals and toxins that should never even get close to your body. EVER! When in doubt do not buy it. Even better, make it yourself. Each ingredient in this recipe is strategically picked to nourish your body as well as protect your skin from harmful chemicals and toxins.
- Baking Soda is used for several different health benefits, but in this recipe it helps to stay away from the harmful parabens and aluminum found in many deodorants and antiperspirants.
- Arrowroot Powder is a healthier alternative to cornstarch and is used as a thickener that is healthier for you and your body.
- Coconut oil! What can I say about coconut oil? LOTS! It is used for so much and can help with so much. You are more than welcome to check this article out and read how coconut can be used.
- Lavender Oil, amongst other things can be used to disinfect the scalp and skin.
- Tea tree oil in this recipe is used for eliminating odor.
Homemade Deodorant is Better on Your BUDGET
This deodorant can be made for pennies. Did you read that? Pennies! The ingredients will last a long time and hey you may even have them in your pantry already. Make sure you go to the links I have provided for the cheapest way to buy all of these ingredients.
Make a Strong Homemade Deodorant That Covers Up Your STINK
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 5-6 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 25 Drops of lavender oil
- 2 drops of tea tree oil
- Mix in a bowl until fully combined and creamy. Use a fork to incorporate it better. Move to a jar with lid or other container. (I used an old glass baby food jar.)
- Rub a pea size amount onto your under arms and there you have it, instant deodorant! 😉
- If you find that the baking soda or tea tree oil is too harsh for your underarms, feel free to omit. In the hotter months I do feel the baking soda can be too harsh.
- NO more than 2 drops of tea tree oil! It is very strong!
- Recycled glass baby jars are great to store this deodorant in. (I knew I was saving them for something when my kids were babies, I just didn’t know what at the time.)
There you have it! My favorite Deodorant for my B.O.! It really DOES work! I exercise and sweat A LOT and it takes the stink away!
REMEMBER: The foods you eat have a lot to do with the odor your body excretes, as well as hormonal imbalances. With a clean eating lifestyle along with this DIY deodorant you won’t be afraid to raise your hands any longer. So raise them high and proud!
Until next time….
Want to learn more about essential oils? Essential oils are a great addition to your healthy lifestyle. I would love to share what essential oils have done for my family’s life. Let’s chat! Go HERE so we can set up a time to chat!
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
I would love to invite you to join my FB group, The PurposeFULL Woman, where we share, encourage, support and uplift each other. We share fitness tips, holistic living recipes and tips, business, anything and everything family and all the while giving you permission to be yourself. We keep it real and share on a daily basis! If you would like to join, head on over and ask to join us.