Healthy Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 1 lb. raw lean ground turkey
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 sweet bell pepper (yellow), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 diced tomatoes
- 1 bag of frozen whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. crushed red peppers
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Plain Greek Yogurt (optional topping)
- Green Onions, diced (optional topping)
- Cook the turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey browns. Drain; discard fat.
- Add all ingredients and turkey mixture to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours (or warm until needed).
- Optional: Add a dollop of plain greek yogurt and top with green onions before serving.
This recipe is not considered FULLY clean with the canned ingredients but, for simplicity sake I left the canned goods in the recipe. If you want to go fully clean buy a bag each of black and kidney beans. Cook them ahead of time and add them to the slow cooker when needed.
Get Ready To Jumpstart Your Health & Weight Loss
Are you ready to feel better?
Are you ready to have your energy back?
Are you ready to drop some pounds?
If you answered YES to any of these questions this simple and easy to follow guide is perfect for you. Jam packed with simple ways to start your clean eating journey without breaking the bank and frustrated with complicated recipes. Along with tips, tricks and a how to start your clean eating journey you will also receive two Clean Eating Meal Plans and Grocery list. So why not check it out? Get ready for a new you with the Clean Eating Quick Start Guide.
Until next time…
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
- This recipe was adapted from HERE.
Copyright: fahrwasser / 123RF Stock Photo