If you are into waffles, you will love these Totally Edible Healthy & Crispy Gluten-Free Vegan Waffles! And yes, they actually taste good! No I am not kidding, they do! My kids love them and they are totally edible! I promise!
My family and I absolutely adore these waffles! We make them quite often and they are always a hit! I mean, who doesn’t love waffles?! Seriously! And if you are Disney lovers like we are we add some special love to them and make them into Mickey Waffles with my cool Mickey Waffle Iron just like the ones you get at Disney Parks. I do not know one person who doesn’t love these waffles. I make them Gluten Free for my family since we have food allergies, but you can make them with any flour you like.
Okay so let’s get to the main attraction……
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt or coconut milk yogurt
- 6 fluid ounces of carton coconut milk (room temperature)
- Preheat and prepare you Mickey Waffle Iron.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with a hand mixer (or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment) until stiff (but not dry) peaks form.
- Place the egg yolks and oil in a separate large bowl and blend with a hand mixer (or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment) until creamy.
- Add the yogurt and milk, and blend until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and blend again. The mixture will be smooth and thickly pourable.
- Fold the beaten egg whites gently into the large bowl of batter until only a few white streaks remain.
- Poor or scoop about 1 cup of batter into the prepared Mickey waffle iron.
- Spread into an even layer.
- Close lid and let cook for about 3 minutes or until steam stops escaping from waffle iron.
- Remove waffle from waffle iron with a pair of tongs.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
I always make more than are needed for the morning. The waffles that I do not serve immediately, I wrap up with Saran wrap individually and place in a ziploc bag to freeze in the freezer. Once we are ready to eat out of the freezer we heat them up in a toaster oven for a few minutes and serve. It is that easy! Perfect for busy mornings!
As you know, my family and I are gluten free and we have many reasons for going gluten free! Here is a short list of why we are gluten free. It helps eliminate the symptoms of: Anxiety, Depression, Fatigue, Miscarriage, Hormone Imbalance, Infertility, Adult Acne, Weight Gain, Auto Immune Disease, Bloating, Thyroid Disorder, Joint Pain, Constipation, Eczema, Iron Deficiency, Skin Issues, and Inflammation. Just to name a few! If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you may want to consider becoming gluten free. It has helped my family and it can yours too. It has definitely been life changing for my family and it is easier and cheaper than you may think! I promise! Since it has helped my family and I so much , I have become passionate about helping other families become gluten free too. I take the pain and the guessing game out of becoming gluten free with my NEW Gluten Free 101 reference guide. It is easy to follow, is loaded with information and even mistakes I have made, so you do not have to make the same ones. You can eat your favorite foods, you do not have to give up on food and bread all together, I promise! Give it a try! Check it out for yourself!
Until next time….
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!