Coming from someone who has suffered from severe acne and has had frequent headaches Golden Turmeric Tea has helped, along with a healthy lifestyle, to keep those issues at bay. Like I said, to get rid of these symptoms you do have to live the lifestyle. You cannot drink this and expect it to go away forever, you must put in the work and the time.
Now that the disclaimer is over, let’s get to talking about Golden Turmeric Tea.
Golden Turmeric Tea is an ancient treatment for coughs, headaches, joint pain, it helps reduce bad cholesterol, ease symptoms of cough and colds, detoxes the body, protects liver tissue, and helps with skin problems thanks to the spices’ anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Combined with cinnamon and other spices, it becomes a soothing and delicious drink that’s good for you, too! So why not, right?!
Why are the ingredients so amazing for you and your health?
Well, I am glad you asked!
Curcumin: The most active of ingredients in turmeric has been found to promote health and protect against a wide variety of health conditions, such as lowering inflammation, blood sugar levels and it is also said to have potent anti-cancer properties (destroying cancer cells and promoting healthy cell function).
Cinnamon: Cinnamon has a high source of antioxidants, contains anti-inflammatory properties, protects heart health, fights diabetes, protects brain function, may help lower cancer risk and fights infections & viruses.
- Cloves: Help reduce inflammation, help improve digestion, relieve upper respiratory infection,and help enhance sexual health. (Hey, hey that got me there. Come on mama, anything to help the libido! 🙂 Don’t be a prude.)
- Black Pepper: Is good for digestion health, weight loss, skin health and respiratory relief.
- Allspice: The eugenol found in allspice can eliminate digestive issues such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and constipation, while also stimulating regularity, which reduces bloating and excess flatulence. The anti-inflammatory aspect of allspice further eases cramps, which can ease the entire process of digestion.
- Ginger: (I do not use ginger, because I have an allergy to it, but it can be used in this recipe. If you decide to use it make sure you only use a 1/4 teaspoon.) Ginger has a long history of use for relieving digestive problems such as nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain.
Golden Turmeric Tea That Helps With Inflammation
After reading up on how amazing this drink is I decided to try it. The ingredients are so amazing for you, so why not, right?! But, I had to tweak the recipes I found, on trusty Pinterest and HERE, to my liking of course.
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Almond, coconut milk (or any other nut milk)
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Add all of the spices to a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat 8 oz. milk of your choice in a sauce pan over medium heat until it begins to steam. (Do not boil)
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture and continue heating milk, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. (Remember again, do not bring to a boil.)
- Pour turmeric milk through a strainer into a cup.
- Add honey and vanilla extract (if using) to taste. (I love just a dash of honey and vanilla. Makes it even better on cooler nights especially.)
- Store remaining spice mixture in airtight container away from heat and light.
There you have it! Give it a try! It actually tastes amazing! Make it right before bed for a relaxing treat or while you soak in the tub! Or how bout with a favorite snack, like one of these Pumpkin Muffins or Banana Coconut Cookies. Both are Gluten Free, so it’s guilt free too! You deserve it lady! Prop those feet up and lock the door!
Until next time….