I shared on social media how delicious these amazing donut holes are! They bring the heavens down for a moment as you indulge is this amazing ball of sugary goodness. Do I have your attention yet?
But, remember these may be gluten free, BUT they are not sugar free. They are definitely a treat to say the least. These made an amazing treat for all of us. Pair this with an amazing cup of coffee and volia instant breakfast or afternoon snack goodness.
- You will not want to share. They are that good!
- You will want more!
Pumpkin Donut Holes
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon*
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg*
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger*
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice*
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves*
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin well.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, all spice, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir until just combined. Add in pumpkin puree and melted butter, and mix until combined.
- Drop about 1 Tbsp of batter into each mini muffin cup.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Once the donuts have cooled, roll each donut hole in the melted butter, and then immediately roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Alternatively, you could substitute pumpkin pie spice for these spices. If substituting, I suggest using 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice. But, I do not recommend this, try and stick with the separate spice ingredients.
- Although still good they are not the best left-over. They are definitely best if eaten right after you bake them.
- Want to go completely Gluten Free? Try Gluten Free 101. It shows you exactly how to go out to eat, start the process without cleaning out your wallet and how to start without overwhelming yourself.
- This recipe was adapted from A Latte Food.
Until next time…
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
Copyright: magdalenapaluchowska / 123RF Stock Photo