I am a stickler for a good go-to-breakfast/snack! When I originally saw this recipe I knew I had to try it, but of course tweak it to my liking and my family’s allergy needs. This breakfast bar is perfect for a quick addition to your breakfast or a nutritious snack with your afternoon coffee. It is SO yummy. The best part is: it’s Gluten Free and it is made with a superfood, blueberries! Cannot go wrong with that, right?!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free and can be Nut Free if you omit the almond flour and use oat flour in it’s place.
Gluten Free Blueberry Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups frozen blueberries (thawed)
- 2 Tbsps ground flaxseed
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup old fashion gluten free oats
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (or almond flour if you do not have a nut allergy)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Thaw frozen blueberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with flaxseed, set aside until needed.
- Mash bananas with a fork and combine with other crust ingredients. Mix well until a loose dough forms. Reserve ¾ cup for top.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with oil and pour/spread crust evenly. Evenly pour blueberry mixture on top.
- Drop spoonfuls of reserved crust on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Check out my Gluten Free 101 email series where you will gain access to videos, downloads, shopping lists, Gluten Free recommendations that really taste good and how-tos on eating out Gluten Free and so much more! This series is packed full of information and takes the guessing work out of going Gluten Free. It isn’t as hard as you think, I promise. I made the mistakes so you don’t have to. Once my family and I went completely Gluten Free we haven’t turned back. We feel better (it has helped my hormone health and so much more) and it is super simple and not as expensive as you think. Check it out!
Until next time….
- Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!