My faith is my backbone of my very being BUT, it is tested A LOT! Or should I say? I test IT A LOT! You see… I tell myself and others that I have all of the faith in the world, but I for sure do not have the faith that I admire so much in others of the bible.
- Noah: People thought Noah was crazy for building this arc God commanded him to build but, Noah kept going. He had faith that God knew what He was doing. Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him. Genesis 6:22
- Job: Job…. homeboy had some hardships for sure. Job was a man whose life was tested beyond imagination, yet he did not curse God. “In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.” Job 1:22
- Joseph: Joseph was a man who was completely devoted to the Lord even in times of injustice, betrayal, and temptation.
“As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.” Genesis 50:20
- Ruth: Ruth was a woman who left everything she had for something far more greater than anything she’d ever imagined. But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried. May the LORD do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.” And when Naomi saw that she was determined to go with her, she said no more.” Ruth 1:16-18
- Esther: Esther was a woman who understood the times she was living in and seized the day not only for her people but also for God. “For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14
- Daniel: Daniel was a man whose integrity and prayer life allowed him to see unbelievable miracles and prophetic mysteries. “He went to his house where he had windows in his upper chamber open toward Jerusalem. He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done.” Daniel 6:10
- Elijah: Elijah was a man who submitted himself in such a way to God. As a result, God used him mightily.
“Then the angel of the LORD said to Elijah, “Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.” So he arose and went down with him to the king.” 2 Kings 1:15
- Paul: Paul was a man so passionate for the lost, that he literally would have walked upon broken glass just to reach the next person. “A prophet named Agabus came down from Judea… took Paul’s belt and bound his own feet and hands and said, Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘This is how the Jews at Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles… For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 21:10-14
I strive everyday to be the woman who God created me to be but, I fail at it A LOT. I strive to have the faith that I should in God’s timing and God’s plan but, I fail at it A LOT.
It is very important to surround oneself with people who can impact your life for the good and not for the bad. I want to surround myself with these people of the Bible and people like them everyday. Don’t you?
The only thing I can do is keep moving forward, keep the faith I do have and strive for more. I believe having faith in God is the ultimate compliment to Him. You are saying, you trust Him in every aspect of your life. What better compliment is there than that? I want to compliment Him in the biggest possible way. Don’t you?
Until next time….
Thanks for joining me for the first Faith filled Sunday!
BTW: Don’t forget about the Holiday Inspired Beauty GIVEAWAY, it ends TODAY! Go HERE to enter!
- Post may contain affiliate links.