I really did not expect for these to be so much fun, but being the Disney fanatics we are they were SO much fun and tasty too! It also helped that they were super easy and no baking was involved. I found this amazing recipe on Pinterest and now it has a special home on my Christmas Board. These cookies were so much fun to make and I even adapted them, so they are allergy friendly for my family.
We travel to Disney World quite often and I am always inspired by the beautiful cookies and cupcakes that they have to offer. But, we are not always able to eat them due to our food allergies. Disney World has a few options for Gluten-Free and Nut-Free Treats, but they are few and far between! So I was determined to make these tasty treats with allergy-friendly ingredients of course. They were too cute to pass up!
Although ours did not turn out as beautifully as a pastry chefs’, I think they turned out spectacular with some added character.
(Side Note: We are a gluten and nut-free family. These cookies are adapted to our liking. You may need to adapt for your family’s allergies.)
Ingredients for Gluten and Nut Free Cookies
- larger (Oreo) cookies
- smaller cookies
- Red Candy Melts
- Bow Decorations
- decorating icing
- Allergy Friendly Christmas Sprinkles
- Buttons for Mickey
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Get all of your ingredients together
- Grab the kids
- Place the smaller cookie slightly inside of larger cookies for Mickey and Minnie’s ears. Be careful not to break the cookies
- Dip the bottom half of the cookie into the red candy melts
- Place the coated cookie on wax paper
- Decorate while drying
- Wait to dry to add embelishments such as lines or bows
- Have fun
Happy Decorating and Merry Christmas!
Until next time….
- Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!