I don’t know about you and your family, but we love stuffed peppers. But, I was on a mission for a healthier version, so here we are!
If you have been looking for a healthy clean version of Stuffed Peppers, well I have got the Stuffed Peppers for you! It is stuffed full of greens and is any healthy lifestyle approved!
How I Made Healthy Stuffed Peppers In The Crockpot
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp onion powder or 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/8 tsp garlic poser or 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup non GMO organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- Using a grater or food processor, shred the carrots, zucchini and onion.
- Place the veggies in a clean cheesecloth or thin kitchen towel and squeeze them to remove as much water as possible.
- Add the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and then add the ground beef, mixing well with either clean hands or a sturdy spoon.
- Add the spices and mix until incorporated. Set aside.
- Put the sauce ingredients into the bottom of the slow-cooker and stir to combine.
- Prep the peppers by removing the stems and seeds.
- Begin stuffing the peppers with the meat mixture, packing tightly.
- Place the stuffed peppers carefully into the center of the crockpot, avoiding the sides.
- Cook on low for 3-6 hours. Crockpot temps vary so be warned.
- Remove from slow cooker and place in a oven safe dish. Put mozzarella on top of each pepper.
- Place the pan of peppers under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve with sauce from the bottom of crockpot.
Voila! That’s it! Easy, right?!
Ready to jump on the clean eating wagon? Check out my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide. Packed full of tips and tricks to get you on your way to eating healthier! You deserve it!
Until next time…
Post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on the affiliate links you are helping support my family and this blog. Thank you for clicking and buying through our links! You are truly a blessing!
I would love to invite you to join my FB group, The PurposeFULL Woman, where we share, encourage, support and uplift each other. We share fitness tips, holistic living recipes and tips, business, anything and everything family and all the while giving you permission to be yourself. We keep it real and share on a daily basis! If you would like to join, head on over and ask to join us.
Copyright: grelena / 123RF Stock Photo